enhaNced external counter pulsation (eecp)
What is EECP?
EECP (Enhanced External Counter Pulsation) is a treatment to improve the blood circulation to the whole body, especially to the heart to help any heart diseases such as angina or any other cardiac issues. It uses pressure to perform a “natural bypass” to create micro circulation.
bENEFIT OF EECP
The benefits of EECP therapy are proven in more than 190 clinical studies. EECP therapy improves the entire health system by restoring delivery of oxygenated blood to the heart and all parts of the body. Clinical studies show that over 75% of patients benefit from EECP therapy with sustained improvement up to three years post-treatment. EECP therapy may:
- Increase energy and exercise tolerance
- Decrease medication and nitroglycerin use
- Reduce or eliminate symptoms of chest pain
- Reduce symptoms of shortness of breath, fatigue
- Improve in Angina & Heart failure classification
- Reduce leg pains from peripheral vascular disease
- Improve coronary perfusion
- Create natural bypasses around narrowed arteries
- Improve circulation and organ perfusion
- Improve sexual function for men
- Improvement in oxygen consumption
- Reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Reduce symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduce hospitalization and emergency room visits (eecp.cz, 2015)
- Anti-aging effects (Ghaly, F. I., MD, N.D).
Not only is EECP a therapy for those who suffer from cardiovascular disease, it also assists in the management of other common illnesses, including diabetic neuropathy and retinopathy, erectile dysfunction, hypertension, kidney disease, memory disorders, peripheral vascular disease, Parkinson’s disease, and macular degeneration (blindness). EECP also greatly improves the overall quality of patients’ lives, by giving them more energy and an enhanced ability to work, perform daily tasks and exercise, thus allowing them to enjoy a greater sense of well-being (Ghaly, F. I., MD, N.D).o.